X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMD/ATI on Kubuntu 12.04: no sound no video no TV, and it freezes

hi all

i post here because i tried many things found on forums but i still have no sound and no video on all media on kubuntu (xmms, vlc, mplayer, kaffeine).
    I also have no TV (Kaffeine, Metv) but i scan the channels and i can view the programm. Just i have no video.
    I already fixed the wlan (rtl8723).

Laptop: Toshiba C875D-137
    Video card: VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Device 9992 (fglrx installed just like on wiki-cchtml-com but still not working
    Sound card: Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Device 9902 // Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Hudson Azalia Controller (rev 01)

on Kaffeine and mplayer: i see just a black screen.
    With vlc its a liitle better: i see the "Touchstone" screen before the movie starts, but then nothing.

I have fglrx and alsa installed.

Another annoying bug that i have since the kubuntu installation: it freezes. Example: right click in Mozilla, it freezes, i need to terminate Mozilla. And the same almost everywhere. I need to reboot the laptop every time.
    I think it comes from the laptop itself because i had kubuntu an another laptop (very old, it died) and i had no problem. But i was seduced by the toshiba look and too bad for me, it's full of proprietary drivers....
    I hope somebody can help!

Many thanks in advance.

Tomski

For the freeze install this program and see if ti helps http://sourceforge.net/projects/amdovdrvctrl/ - downclock the frequency of the gpu and the memory and see if ti helps

Comment

hi mimosh

thx for your reply.
      i downloaded the file you said, but i386 was the right for me. :-)
      Just a question: where do i see this programm, i mean on my laptop, 've been searching for it but find not...
      Since, it's much better.
      No more freeze.
      I can right click and play videos. Hurray.
      Just, i still have no sound. For TV, i need to try later (dont have my card here).
      I have now access to Phonon, which i couldnt before. But nothing is displayed for my sound card.

Thx for the help mimosh, appreciate.
      Anyone has an idea how i could get sound working?

Regards

Comment

Working...
      X