This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mouse needs middle click

Does anyone know how to set mouse button mapping code in Kubuntu?

I apologise if this is any easy fix.

Its a plug in and play mouse.

I am running Kubuntu 12.04, my mouse is a "Mionix Naos 5000".

I am using it at my work and all buttons work perfectly apart from middle scroll wheel click. Which is very important in Maya (3D program I use).

Mionix have Windows software that can be used to update settings into the mouses on-board memory. (but this would be pointless moving it onto a Linux machine because it would not understand it)

I have a work Colleague that uses a 'Saitek Cyborg R.A.T.7 Mouse' his code to configure it is as follows:

xinput set-button-map 'Saitek Cyborg R.A.T.7 Mouse' 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 0 0 0 16 17 18 19 20 21

any help would be much appreciated
    Thanks

According to this Anazon user review, you should be able to set it up in Windows, and the mouse's built-in memory should store the info which should work in Linux. In theory, of course . Worth a try, perhaps. I am unfamiliar with xinput, but I would assume you would have to determine the specific numbers needed or used by your device.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      According to this Anazon user review, you should be able to set it up in Windows, and the mouse's built-in memory should store the info which should work in Linux. In theory, of course . Worth a try, perhaps. I am unfamiliar with xinput, but I would assume you would have to determine the specific numbers needed or used by your device.
      Thanks claydoh for the reply

Yes i have it configured and set up in Windows with it saved to the mouse's built-in memory.
      but it still does not use "middle mouse click".
      I have no idea how I would determine the specific numbers needed.

Chris

Comment

Update: I believe that the middle mouse button is faulty on the product and sending it back to manufacture
        Last edited by Snowhog; May 22, 2013, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X