This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radeon HD 7770 dual display

i am trying to get dual displays working on my Kubuntu desktop. freshly installed today.

per the instructions given on a forum (Path of Exile), i have removed the proprietary drivers:
    sudo apt-get remove --purge fglrx fglrx_* fglrx-amdcccle* fglrx-dev*

then installed the latest FOSS drivers:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates
    sudo apt-get update

i did verify the version as well:
    glxinfo | grep "OpenGL version"
    Mesa 9.0.

so, all seems well... in 1 monitor land. but, having used 2 monitors for well over a decade, it is painful to go back to 1 monitor.

any help is greatly appreciated!

Originally posted by not12listen View Post
    i am trying to get dual displays working on my Kubuntu desktop. freshly installed today.

per the instructions given on a forum (Path of Exile), i have removed the proprietary drivers:
    sudo apt-get remove --purge fglrx fglrx_* fglrx-amdcccle* fglrx-dev*

then installed the latest FOSS drivers:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates
    sudo apt-get update

i did verify the version as well:
    glxinfo | grep "OpenGL version"
    Mesa 9.0.

so, all seems well... in 1 monitor land. but, having used 2 monitors for well over a decade, it is painful to go back to 1 monitor.

any help is greatly appreciated!
    That's terrible advice. You are running a SI card and they are pretty much useless using the FOSS drivers. I'm surprised you aren't having major issues or that HDMI is even working. You really have to use the Catalyst driver but I can't help with installing it or configuring it

Comment

with the fglrx driver you must set you display setting in the catalist control center. you can use the command
      kdesudo cccle to run is as root (and set it up there)
      if you don't have the properitary driver you can set it up in System settings-> display be sure to set them as default when you find what you like.
      Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
      (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
      X