• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Code:
    ~$ lsmod | grep mouse
    psmouse                96718  0

Comment

What kernel version are you booting with, and what version of KDE are you using?
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Kernel 3.2.0-39-generic

KDE 4.8.5

Comment

Your KDE version is 'old' but you are running the latest kernel for 12.04. Maybe something there. Lastly (for now), what is the result of:
          Code:
          sudo find / -name psmouse.ko | grep modules
          (it may take a bit for the search to finish)

Comment

It's the most recent version of KDE for Precise, but being an LTS it's bound to get old.

Anyway...

Code:
            ~$ sudo find / -name psmouse.ko | grep modules
            /lib/modules/3.2.0-38-generic/kernel/drivers/input/mouse/psmouse.ko
            /lib/modules/3.2.0-36-generic/kernel/drivers/input/mouse/psmouse.ko
            /lib/modules/2.6.32-44-generic/kernel/drivers/input/mouse/psmouse.ko
            /lib/modules/3.2.0-32-generic/kernel/drivers/input/mouse/psmouse.ko
            /lib/modules/3.2.0-37-generic/kernel/drivers/input/mouse/psmouse.ko
            /lib/modules/3.2.0-39-generic/kernel/drivers/input/mouse/psmouse.ko
            /lib/modules/3.2.0-33-generic/kernel/drivers/input/mouse/psmouse.ko
            /lib/modules/3.2.0-34-generic/kernel/drivers/input/mouse/psmouse.ko
            /lib/modules/3.2.0-35-generic/kernel/drivers/input/mouse/psmouse.ko

Comment

Check to see if you have kde-config-touchpad installed. If you don't, install it. This gives you more control of the touchpad. If it is already installed, then check System Settings > Input Devices > Touchpad > Scrolling and ensure that Vertical scrolling at right edge is checked.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                Check to see if you have kde-config-touchpad installed. If you don't, install it. This gives you more control of the touchpad. If it is already installed, then check System Settings > Input Devices > Touchpad > Scrolling and ensure that Vertical scrolling at right edge is checked.
                Yes it is installed, and yes it is checked.

Comment

Well, for now then, I'm at a loss as to why it isn't working. It does here on my 12.04 using the same kernel (3.2.0-39-generic). Sorry I couldn't help you find a solution, but I'm sure that there is one; there almost always is.

A bit of searching finds this over on Ubuntuforums. It's from 2011, but it might be worth trying.

Touchpad Vertical Scrolling does not work
                  Last edited by Snowhog; Mar 31, 2013, 01:51 PM.

Comment

I hate to bump such an old thread, but I upgraded my uncles laptop from 12.04 to 12.10 and then 13.04 in hopes that a newer version would fix the problems. It didn't.

I then went through all the stages in this post from the thread you linked: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...7#post10395827

That didn't work.

Then I tried this post, thinking that I'd just use a work-around if nothing else happens: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...7#post11478747

Still no vertical scrolling.

Through all this, I can enable two-finger scrolling and that does work, but nothing that I have done, not even making Kubuntu treat the touchpad as a normal mouse, will make the vertical scrolling on the right edge of the touchpad work. It's almost like the thing has a dead zone on that right side. It just will not work. It used to, but now it doesn't, and I have no idea why.

EDIT: Okay, I don't know if it's always been like this and I just never tried it, but it seems like the vertical scrolling does work if I press harder on the touchpad. I can lightly touch anywhere else to move the cursor, but to do vert scrolling I have to press harder. So I guess it is a hardware issue. No idea if it's by design or just from wear. But I suppose it technically works.
                    Last edited by Zeikcied; Jul 11, 2013, 05:00 PM.

Comment

That implies (to me) a sensitivity setting.

Comment

Working...
                      X