This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost some desktop effects after recent update

I've got Intel HD 4000 integrated video on my laptop. Everything worked fine until a few days ago (maybe longer) when I noticed that certain desktop effects like invert and wobbly windows stopped working. The only update I've received recently that might affect this was KDE 4.8.5 on November 19. Has anyone else with this chipset noticed a regression in 12.04?

Hmm... I seem to have fixed it by changing the compositing type from XRender to OpenGL in the Desktop Effects advanced settings. Never changed that before.

Comment

I've had that "automatically" change on me after an update. Same video chip. I set my latest notebook (Acer Aspire V3-771G) to Xrender when I got in last spring and it hasn't change yet. When I did manually change it to OpenGL I got a popup explaining that certain advanced features, like the cube and wobbly windows, would not function.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X