This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12.04 Touchpad scroll stopped working!

After a clean install of K 12.04, I installed the updates which required a restart and on restarting my touchpad scroll has stopped working!

Talk about if it ain't broke don't fix it! :mad:

I have no way of knowing what or why this has happened and am hoping someone can shed some light.

I have just come from Ubuntu 12.04 which was pretty but giving me way less battery time than I'm used to. The touchpad worked fine in Ubuntu - scroll and all

It also worked fine whenI tried K 12.04 before installing and after install, it's just since the updates!

Have checked in the settings and scroll is enabled.

Help please - I can't work without my scroll ! I know this sounds pathetic, but the scroll made life so simple!

Thanks in advance for reading this.
    Lenovo Thinkpad x230 Core i5vpro, 4G Ram, 320G HDD, Intel HD 4000.
    Running clean install of KUBUNTU 20.04 after years of running Ubuntu 18.04 then a week running Sabayon.
    Running clean install of KUBUNTU 18.04 after a couple of months running ArchLinux Manjaro

Have you tried setting it up via synaptiks?

I just notice running synaptics on my Thinkpad returns an error about XIputextensions not being the correct version (2.0 instead of 2.0)
    Version error
    The version of the XInput extension installed on your system is too old. Version 2.0 was found, but at least version 2.0 is required.
    If you want to be able to configure your touchpad, you have to upgrade your system to a recent release of the Xorg display server. This may likely involve a complete upgrade of your system. Please excuse this inconvenience, but there is no way to make touchpad configuration work on systems as old as yours.
    Edit:
    Sorry, but this error comes up in Kubuntu 12.10.
    I rebooted in 12.04.1 and find another error when starting synaptics from the Konsole:
    teunis@W520:~$ synaptiks
    QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
    Yet when I enable the touchpad all works as expected, including multi-finger scroll.
    And I see the settings I've previously set via synaptiks are now part of the System Settings - Input Devices dialogue.
    (I hate touchpads, luckily this laptop has a trackpoint)
    Last edited by Teunis; Sep 23, 2012, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X