X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sudden Serious Keyboard Problems

Hi,

I am running Kubuntu 12.04 64-bit on my ASUS N55SF. Until recently everything was fine concerning my keyboard, however, lately there are some some serious issues appearing. Randomly, I must say, as sometimes there are no problems. One, the numeric pad simply stops working. Not completely, mostly just numbers, other things are working. Second, when I type in some applications, e.g. Thunderbird or LibreOffice, I need to be literally hitting the keys on the keyboard really hard and slowly, otherwise I am skippig about half of the letters. I would really appreciate any help or an idea what could be wrong.

Cheers

Could be an accessibility settings problem - perhaps the "slow keys" filter is getting activated.

Have a look in System Settings > Accessibility > Keyboard filters tabs and Activation Gestures tab
    I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

The "Blur" desktop effect can do stuff like that. Really. Although, for me, it was worse than that, the mouse was affected too.

Regards, John
      Regards, John Little

Comment

Thank you all for your answers. Unfortunately, Keyboard filters is not the solution nor is Blur desktop effect. And the issue is getting worse, now whatever I do, I can not type some characters in Slovak localisation. Well, I guess I will wait for Quantal and hope the same thing does not happen there as it is quite seriously effecting my productivity.

Comment

Create a new user account as a test, log in to it and see if the problem also occurs there. If it doesn't, then the problem is due to something in your ~/.kde/ settings (or some autostarted process).
          I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Working...
          X