Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I wait until next major upgrade from kubuntu 10.04 to 12.04 to get the fixes to these bugs?
    Wait I missed last two messages, got to try:

sudo sh -c "echo 'options ath9k nohwcrypt=1' >/etc/modprobe.d/ath9k.conf

sudo rm /etc/modprobe.d/ath5k.conf

I understand what does lspci -k, but, wait do I reboot with cable o without cable present?

But I have another question, what does the sleep mode has anything to do with wifi? Or this is a shared bug due to the circuitry?
    Last edited by ceaualbi; Jul 18, 2012, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Many thanks por your patience, it's been a long period of testing.

Sleep works thanks x-edgers, that's for installing kernel 3.5.0-18 generic.
      WLAN it's still a pain in the a... AGAIN, IT ONLY CONNECTS WHEN WIRE IS CONNECTED?!?
      Something funny, I am using linux mint in a live pen drive, and guess what? Wlan works perfectly there, on the same very netbook, can anybody tell me how is this possible?

Comment

PROBLEM SOLVED.

I want to share how to fix suspend and wireless bug, Acer Aspire One 722 (kubuntu Precise [12.04]).

1 First of all, update everything.
        NOTE: somewhere reading this very same bug, I've found the suggestion telling about fixing it using Atheros boot agent ---> IT DIDN'T WORK!

2 Upgrade to kernel 3.5.0-18. Download it from: https://launchpad.net/~xorg-edgers/+archive/ppa

3 Download compat-wireless drivers from: http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Download/stable/
        NOTE: Follow the steps specified in there, don't worry if the answer under konsole is no device or driver found. Believe me, it works anyway.

PS: Thanks to all, and specially to SteveRiley and GreyGeek!

Comment

Working...
        X