This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Networking problems on Kubuntu 12.04

I've just upgraded to Kubuntu 12.04 automatically, and unfortunately non of my networking devices work anymore. Wired and WiFi are both down. The WiFi device doesn't even show on the networking devices and the wired connection doesn't connect. As such, I can not even download any fixes. Is there anyway to fix this problem from the terminal ? The laptop is HP Pavilion dv6000 and works greatly with all other Linux kernels, I have never ever had a problem till this recent upgrade.

Originally posted by payam49er View Post
    I've just upgraded to Kubuntu 12.04 automatically, and unfortunately non of my networking devices work anymore. Wired and WiFi are both down. The WiFi device doesn't even show on the networking devices and the wired connection doesn't connect. As such, I can not even download any fixes. Is there anyway to fix this problem from the terminal ? The laptop is HP Pavilion dv6000 and works greatly with all other Linux kernels, I have never ever had a problem till this recent upgrade.
    Did you try livecd environment first? If you haven't had any problems with your hardware there, I'd suggest reinstall from livecd.
    Ok, got it: Ashes come from burning.

Comment

No, I installed from the Internet, an upgrade through the Internet, no Live CD or thumb drive.

Comment

No, I installed from the Internet, an upgrade through the Internet, no Live CD or thumb drive.
        Well, then try downloading Precise iso, if possible, and run it from there to make sure that both wifi and wired connections are working. I had the same problem for a different reason and it was all gone after install from livecd.

If you decide to do it, I'd recommend that you choose in installer to manually install Precise on the same partition where previous version of Kubuntu was. That way you'll keep all of the apps you've been using but it takes time for a lot of things is downloaded so, be patient.

Comment

Originally posted by rms View Post
          Well, then try downloading Precise iso, if possible, and run it from there to make sure that both wifi and wired connections are working. I had the same problem for a different reason and it was all gone after install from livecd.

If you decide to do it, I'd recommend that you choose in installer to manually install Precise on the same partition where previous version of Kubuntu was. That way you'll keep all of the apps you've been using but it takes time for a lot of things is downloaded so, be patient.

I did this and it didn't fix the problem. It seems that Ubuntu has messed up on this one. I have to go to Arch Linux or something else. Really disappointed

Comment

I did this and it didn't fix the problem. It seems that Ubuntu has messed up on this one. I have to go to Arch Linux or something else. Really disappointed
            Ehhh... I'll also revert to Oneiric, good luck!

Comment

Working...
            X