This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reinstall from format

So I think I may have pooched my windows/kubuntu 11.1 installs and partitions. Something happened this morning when I tried to install 12.04 - the install failed halfway through and it's a bit of disaster.

Anyway, my files on both partitions are backed up and I think at this stage it is likely easiest to just reinstall everything from scratch. I have a reinstallation DVD of windows from sell and 12.04 on a USB.

What is the best way to go about this? I like to have windows (because I paid for it by buying laptop) and it's just nice to have for some programs - However, I prefer kubuntu 99% of the time.

Should I install windows first THEN Kubuntu or just Kubuntu for now so I can get up and running and install windows when I have more time?

My drive seems pretty unhappy and I think a format and freshinstall would do it good. If someone has a good link handy I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Given your situation, install Kubuntu as the only OS on your HDD. Then, in Kubuntu, install either Oracle VM VirtualBox (I prefer it) or VMware Player and install your Windows as a Virtual Machine.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
    X