This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quesitons more than testing contribution

Is Caligra office going to be default office in 12.04? Seem plenty stuff there is in beta/alpha.
    Is Ubuntu one with QT interface going to be in Kubuntu 12.04?

what is the memorry usage of 12.04? what about if i used low-fat package?

It's a question with an answer similar to the fact Rekonq is now the standard browser, if you don't like it you are free to install an alternative.

Comment

this is based on...

Is Caligra office going to be default office in 12.04?
      No - based on http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...-04-LTS-Beta-2

Is Ubuntu one with QT interface going to be in Kubuntu 12.04?
      No - based on http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2012/03/30...ntu-devel.html
      Have you tried ?

- How to Ask a Question on the Internet and Get It Answered
      - How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Comment

Calligra has come a long way, but because of some things, such as any way at the moment for Words to export to non-odf file formats, it is not quite suitable to replace Libreoffice. It is still very good suite overall, though.

Comment

mmm...
          Kubuntu is a Bemba word which means "kindness towards Humanity".
          Didn't know that...

I have "Ubuntu-one-controller-qt" installed from the repository, which says:
          Qt desktop application to manage an Ubuntu One account.

Canonical provides critical updates for ubuntuone-control-panel-qt until April 2017.

Someone stuck it in.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
            mmm...
            Didn't know that...

I have "Ubuntu-one-controller-qt" installed from the repository, which says:

Someone stuck it in.
            If I recall correctly, the name Kubuntu having an actual meaning was more fluke than anything.

Also U1 has switched to using Qt for it's ui back in February. The QML language used seems quite simple yet powerful, and is cross platform. From what I saw at Qt's presentations at UDS, QML lends itself well to designing a UI, so it rather makes sense from that standpoint.

Comment

[QUOTE=OneLine;295089]No - based on http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...-04-LTS-Beta-2
              aha! someone had a same thought. i too saw the "commercial" whcih made me wonder...

I intend to perform an upgrade this weekend from 10.10. need to dispable a couple of PPA's and i was forced install plenty things using tars and debs. which is waht slowly started to bother me and will be bothering me again during upgrade.

good to hear that Ubuntu One is moving to qt. i just hope they also "fix" their windows version.what bothered me there is that you couldn't select a folder form which you want toperform backups. another good thing would be encrpytion like oaktree. but this is another topic.
              Heard that 12.04 looks good and stable already. can't wait to upgrade. as it is now stuff mostly works, but lately GPU is recognised wrong and acts strange (along with sound card) when it hibernates/sleeps and also when running certain games. hopefull the new kernel will resolve this.

Comment

When you are not sure start by splitting off a 10-15GB partition to install the latest version.
                Once you are happy you can hook it up to your present /home.

Running it in a VM might not expose quite the same as on bare metal..

Comment

Working...
                X