This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UEFI Fixed - Well Done Developers

I have downloaded the Precise CD iso and successfully installed it with an efi partition as the first one. So all the previous problems are now solved and you can hopefully have an efi partition that works without hanging the boot process as before.

I now have the confidence to install precise on all computers as all the multimedia, Skype and Googleearth works very well.

Three cheers to all who put in the hard work to get precise in such a reliable state while in beta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you're saying that Ubiquity successfully integrated into an existing UEFI system partition without clobbering what was already there? Or, instead, that Ubiquity successfully created a new UEFI partition all by itself?
    Last edited by SteveRiley; Mar 27, 2012, 02:44 PM.

Comment

mmm... I need to try GoogleEarth again. When I tried last week it wouldn't install because of ia32 library problems.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
        So you're saying that Ubiquity successfully integrated into an existing UEFI system partition without clobbering what was already there? Or, instead, that Ubiquity successfully created a new UEFI partition all by itself?
        When I started the installation process for the 27th March iso image, my system for the first time gave the option:
        Code:
        UEFI Sources
        >UEFI: SanDisk
        This indicated to me that the UEFI problem could have been solved.

Previously, to overcome the problems that I was having with UEFI not working, I had created a /DOS partition for a 21st March build and that seemed to solve the problem then. When I used the 27th March build, I was given the option to use the space I had previously use for the /DOS partition to make it an efi partition. My partitions are shown in the graphic. I was overly generous with the /boot/efi partition and I keep my linuxswap partition between the system and home partitions to minimize disk access times when tasks are swapped out of RAM.

I will be interested to know if you also have success with the current iso image.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X