This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing default helper applications?

I am running KDE4 in Kubuntu 11.10. When using Dolphin, the default 'helper' application for opening video MTS files in my system is Xine. Dragon Player works much better. How can I change the default?

Same is true for DigiKam. It too calls Xine instead of Dragon. Does that have to be changed separately, or is there a global setting somewhere that sets this for all KDE programs?

Thanks.

Frank.
    Linux: Powerful, open, elegant. Its all I use.

system settings>file associations>click the video dropdown>click mpeg>set what you want in the application preference order pane ..........MTS is a High-definition MPEG Transport Stream video format, commonly called "AVCHD;"

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Vinny:

system settings>file associations>click the video dropdown>click mpeg>set what you want in the application preference order pane ..........MTS is a High-definition MPEG Transport Stream video format, commonly called "AVCHD;"
      Very close. Close enough that I found the rest. The offending entry was actually for mp2t, which includes (in KDE at least) the *.mts file type. Once I had that changed, Dragon now pops up instead of Xine in both Dolphin and Digikam.

Much thanks!

Frank.
      Last edited by Frank616; Jul 06, 2012, 02:50 PM.
      Linux: Powerful, open, elegant. Its all I use.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank616 View Post
        Vinny:

Very close. Close enough that I found the rest. The offending entry was actually for mp2t, which includes (in KDE at least) the *.mts file type. Once I had that changed, Dragon now pops up instead of Xine in both Dolphin and Digikam.

Much thanks!

Frank.
        well yes *.mts is referenced under mp2t as well as under mpeg ; at least @hear on KDE

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
        X