X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default appearance of file dialogue wrong

Hi,

When I open the file dialogue (e.g. to open a file) in any given application, I used to have the details view, i.e. with file size, date of last change and so on. That was fine for me, I like it that way. All of a sudden, whenever I open the dialogue, it appears in the short view, i.e. I see only the filenames. This is not helpful, and I have to change it back to the detailed view via the settings menu in the top right corner. But this I have to do every time I open the dialogue. I was searching in many places (including google) but didn't find any answer to that problem. I cannot remember if anything or any specific update was being installed before the change.
    I would be glad if someone can tell me where to change the default way how the file dialogue shows the file list when it is being opend.

Thanks a lot!

This should change the default view mode of kde file dialogs to "detail":
    Code:
    kwriteconfig --file kdeglobals --group "KFileDialog Settings" --key "View Style" Detail

Comment

Thanks, this helped. But isn't there a GUI dialogue for that purpose? And how did it change to the short view? I had it for month with the detailed view, and all of a sudden it just showed the short view as default.

Comment

Working...
      X