X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upload continues in spite of job cancellation

Hi,

I set up a box.com DAV connection so I can integrate the box.com files into my filesystem (mounted). It works fine, but this morning I wanted to copy over a set of files and started inadvertently to copy an entire folder which contains a number of files which I don't copy there. I noticed that only after the copying process had started. Some files are too big anyway, but the upload seemed to go on. Anyway, I cancelled the copy-job and thought everything is fine, but Dolphin (in which I started the copying process) got stuck and didn't react to any input, or very sliggishly (about 1 minute for a reaction).
    So I checked the internet connection and found that the upload is still going on and on and on and on....
    Is there a way to interrupt the process besides turning off the computer? Because if I don't, it will take 2 days or so until it is finished.

Open a command window and type:
    Code:
    netstat --inet --program --all
    Look for any connections to box.com, which will appear in the "Foreign Address" column. Then look for the corresponding program ID in the "PID/Program" column. Once you find that, then type:
    Code:
    kill -9 [i]PID[/i]

Comment

Thank you, that helped!

Comment

Working...
      X