This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skype error: error while loading shared libraries: libQtDBus.so.4

I tried installing skype on a freinds laptop amd 64 kubuntu 11.10 upgraded to kde4.8 and kernel 3.2

I installed it from the latest skype download: skype-ubuntu_2.2.0.35-1_amd64.deb

Now I get the above error.

I had a look on google but it seems there is a huge dependancy issue.

On my laptop skype is running and libQtDBus is not installed.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Uninstall the downloaded Skype package and install Skype from the repository. It is in the "Partners" repository so you will have to check the Partner's box to add their URL to the repository list.
    In Muon click "Settings", "Configure Software Sources", and on the dialog that pops up, select the "Other Software" tab. On that tab look for "Canonical Partners". Check it's box. Close and on Muon enter "Skype" in the search box.

And, according to Julian Taylor, you will have to do the following first, before you attempt to install the Partner's Skype.

libxss1 and a few other libreries has been removed from ia32libs you need to enable multiarch and install the 32 bit libraries:
    echo foreign-architecture i386 | sudo tee /etc/dpkg/dpkg.cfg.d/multiarchsudo
    apt-get install libxss1:i386 libqtcore4:i386 libqt4-dbus:i386
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

For some reason the partner repos were not in sources.list. So I went in with teamviewer and copied my partner repos over to her sources.list.

Now all is well
      HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
      4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
      X