Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rekonq problems with loading web pages with flash (segmentation fault)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rekonq problems with loading web pages with flash (segmentation fault)

I am experiencing very many crashes when loading web pages these days. I am on kubuntu 11.10 updated to kde 4.7.4 / rekonq 0.8 (I believe this is current official kubuntu stuff). The pages that crash all contain flash, or to put it the other way - the ones that are without flash, such as kubuntuforums, seem to load just fine.

Are there other users experiencing the same? I am thinking there may be something wrong with the nspluginviewer and/or flash integration in the kde based browsers. Konqueror however, does not crash, but reports that nspluginviewer crashed. In rekonq, the whole application goes down. Firefox appears to keep working.

Any links to problem sites? I cannot even login to KFN with Reconq.
    Ok, got it: Ashes come from burning.

Comment

The pages that crash are the ones that contain flash, which is used on very many websites, such as newspaper frontpages on the net. You could try http://vg.no, but as I said any page using flash appears to fail, maybe not always but at least often.

Comment

A couple weeks ago, in another thread, I posted instructions for manually installing the 64-bit Flash player release candidate, which appears to cause fewer problems with Rekonq. I've copied those steps into a How-to post, and broaded the information to include the steps for the 32-bit player also.

Comment

Working...
        X