This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cube !!

I cant get the desktop cube to raise and rotate. I have the 6 desktops in my panel. I can flip through desktops. I've tried all the setting I can find and nothing seems to work. I thought I already posted this was it moved or remove ?

Ensure that you also have Desktop Cube Animation enabled. Having just Desktop Cube enabled is not enough.

As to your last question, no, you did not post nor was it removed.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I have those enabled I'm sure of it but when I change desktops I get this on screen box grid thing that shows which desktop I'm moving to with arrows. I think if I could get rid of that it may be replaced by the cube.

Comment

In System Settings > Desktop Effects > General (first tab), what do you have for "Effect for desktop switching:"?

You need to set "Desktop Cube Animation". What you're describing is "Slide".

What you enable on the "All Effects" tab gives you different effects that you can call up by various keystrokes.

eta: if you disable the effect "Slide" and enable the effect "Desktop Cube Animation" you may end up with the same result, but I would make the change on the General tab.
        Last edited by SecretCode; Mar 19, 2012, 01:48 PM.
        I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Working...
        X