This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDEnlive transcoding options?

Sadly, there seems to be no in depth information on KDEnlive 0.8.3 available -- just the handbook which glosses over things.

I have two cameras: A Sony NEX-7 that records AVCHD video at high-def 60 fps 1080p, and my Android phone which does 1080p 30 fps mp4. KDEnlive accepts video clips from both with no issues. I have also put together a 10 minute test video that mixes clips from both cameras. Now, the rendering....

I did it this morning to mp4 30 fps, and it worked fine. However, I am throwing away most of the advantage of the Sony's video prowess. How do I set KDEnlive to encode 60 fps AVCHD? It should up-sample the 30 fps video from the Android phone camera.

Next question: I have a quad core i7 with two threads per core. I want to increase the amount of processing that the transcoder uses. See attached screenshots.

The first frame shows the pre-defined settings, and gives the paramaters for them in the input box below. I took the best quality one available from the Transcoder settings, and copied it to a new entry (second screenshot), doubling the frame rate and the number of threads (or, at least, I think I did). How do I now enable this setting?

If no one here knows (and I know that this is getting pretty technical), then where might I turn to get the info? The KDE site itself?

Thanks.

Frank.
    Attached Files
    Linux: Powerful, open, elegant. Its all I use.

The first frame shows the pre-defined settings, and gives the paramaters for them in the input box below. I took the best quality one available from the Transcoder settings, and copied it to a new entry (second screenshot), doubling the frame rate and the number of threads (or, at least, I think I did). How do I now enable this setting?
    run it to test it .....if you like the results add it as a profile.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Vinny:

run it to test it .....if you like the results add it as a profile.
      That was my question. How do I enable that settiing?

Frank.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank616 View Post
        Vinny:

That was my question. How do I enable that settiing?

Frank.
        click the add profile button and name it as you wish with the parameters you want to try .......then apply and use it.

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Vinny:

click the add profile button and name it as you wish with the parameters you want to try
          That I did.

>then apply and use it.<

That is what I don't understand how to do. Sorry to be so brain-dead on this, but I'm totally new to video transcoding. I only just started using KDEnlive, and I've only created the one project so far. Can you walk me through this?

Thanks.

Frank.

Comment

Working...
          X