This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kmail in 4.8.1 crashing frequently

Hi. Kmail is crashing for me so much it's not much fun to use. This is after the 4.8.1 upgrade. In 4.8.0 it was great.
    There are lots of bugs reported at KDE about this, with some patches applied to libraries which seem to help according to comments.
    Is there any community support for people like me who've upgraded to 4.8.1 in kubuntu 11.10?
    I'm using the kubuntu-ppa/backports repository.

I was hoping that we may see some of those patches applies rather than having to wait for 4.8.2

It's been crashing for me too. It's almost to the point where it's too unreliable to use.

Comment

A bug report has been filed on the subject of kmail crashes, of course. I'm on the mailing list for that bug, and what's interesting is how many people have been reporting the same problems. I really wish that Kubuntu hadn't moved from kmail to kmail2 so quickly. I had an enormous amount of grief from the transition aside from the crashes (and I too get them constantly). Nopoint in reporting this bug now -- it's already been reported umpteen times. I just hope that the Kubuntu implementers realize how bad the situation is and do something about it.

Does anyone have any news on progress in fixing the kmail bugs?

Comment

What version of KDE are you running? At 4.8.2, KMail2 hasn't crashed for me at all. 4.8.3 appears to be similarly stable. I've got one laptop configured with MySQL as the backend for Akonadi; another with SQLite. Both are working well.

Comment

Your mileage may vary. With my install of precise, I finally cut the cord with kmail. After approx. 5 years of use it was a hard thing to do, but it was one of the best decisions I have make in a long time. I might have to stop hating so much on KDE. It is looking like kmail was responsible for my slow system.
          FKA: tanderson

Comment

Working...
          X