This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wings / Blender issues

Any one using Wings 3D on Kubuntu? For me it messes up the whole desktop's input, when I am able to close it the input comes back to normal after a while.

On the other hand with Blender I have this issue that it needs the Alt key along with mouse buttons for sertain functions, but KDE uses Alt for window manipulation. I used to configure it so that it wouldn't mess it up, but I can't find it any more in 11.10. I would like to have the same functionality but with the Meta key.

Keybindings are found in K > System Settings > Shortcuts and Gestures > Standard Keyboard Shortcuts.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      Keybindings are found in K > System Settings > Shortcuts and Gestures > Standard Keyboard Shortcuts.
      Yes.... But no. Look at this: http://www.pasteall.org/pic/27336 (Edit: No mouse gestures in there)

Thanks 'though

Comment

Hi!

Elektrey, on the Blender IRC gave me the correct answer: K > System Settings > Window behaviour > Window behaviour (left box) > Window actions (it's "acciones" in Spanish) (tab) then change the Modifier key from Alt to Meta.

For Wings it's still pending.

Comment

Glad you found it! I've done this many times now but at first it was a pain in the **** not to be able to use ALT key in blender, now I remember where this setting is located.

This is one (of many) reasons that the system settings view need a total remake, with all possible settings in KDE many 'obvious' settings are found in the 'wrong' place or are scattered all over settings - this perticular setting should at least be guided to from key bindings, IMHO. I don't have any given solution to a remake of settings but I sure know that something has to be done with it, and until I found a good solution for system settings - I'll just go and hide somewhere ... perhaps in kde brainstorming

b.r

Jonas
          ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
          Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
          Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
          Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
          - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
          >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Working...
          X