This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What on earth happened to Kmail???

Since I upgraded to 4.8, and possibly earlier, Kmail has drastically fallen in terms of usability:

- I can no longer reliably use bogofilter for spam filtering because I keep getting error messages that Kmail can't move messages from one folder to another

- filters in general seem to work (other than the spam filter) but they generate error messages reporting failure anyway

- messages I receive have junk inserted into them. By this I mean that, among other things, it forces a line break at 70 characters (instead of wrapping at the edge of the window) and at the line break it inserts a "=". It doesn't seem to be rendering extended unicode characters correctly, even though it is set to unicode. It also really screws up URLs, which is very inconvenient when I'm trying to reset an account password and they email me a link that I need to click on in order to get to the password reset page. This happens whether I've set Kmail to render HTML or not.

Has anyone else noticed this? Did I accidentally flip a switch somewhere that has messed everything up, or was 4.8 a step backwards for Kmail? This is horrid, and I'm not aware of anything I've done to make this happen (which doesn't mean it's not my fault -- it just means it doesn't look like it's my fault form where I'm standing right now.)

kmail has been one disaster after another since kde4 started. I have given up trying to work around the different bugs that are in every release.
    FKA: tanderson

Comment

Originally posted by blobfish View Post
      kmail has been one disaster after another since kde4 started...

I have to agree. It used to be my favorite mail client. I switched to Thunderbird last summer because I was at my wits end with all the problems kmail has.

Comment

I was using KMail in Lucid without problems. On my new Acer 7739 I installed Precise Alpha on Jan 3rd. For the first week or two KMail was a disaster, but updates since then have turned it into the KMail in Precise to the Kmail I knew in Lucid.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Oh sure! keep me hanging on.
          FKA: tanderson

Comment

Working...
          X