Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XBMC ---- Kubuntu GLX NVIDIA video card issue?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBMC ---- Kubuntu GLX NVIDIA video card issue?

Hi Folks .....

been frustrated for a few weeks trying to get XBMC to install on Kubuntu 11.10. I have two xbox's running xbmc and I want to use the UNPnP server in xbox to deal with my database on my server ..... I've had this installed a bunch of times and never had any problems ....

When I install XBMC on kubuntu 11.10 it immedietly runs fine but when I try to build the database it crashes out with the following

params.c:OpenConfFile() - Unable to open configuration file "/home/fausto/.smb/smb.conf":
    No such file or directory
    params.c:OpenConfFile() - Unable to open configuration file "/home/fausto/.smb/smb.conf.append":
    No such file or directory

I found a bunch of postings all over the place that give reference to some sort of NVIDIA GLX problem

... but no solutions ....

it thought at first it was permissions but it does this same if I run it as SU.

I also compiled from source the most recent build of xbmc .... same issue ...

I found a bunch of postings all over the place that give reference to some sort of NVIDIA GLX problem.. But I'm running KUBNTU backports with kde 4.8 and all my video effects run fine ..... I run GLX gears and everything looks great.

Thanks to all for any and all help. I have no idea .... so sorry if this post makes no sense
    Tim
Working...
X