This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Language support for IBus not installable

In ibus-setup, no input method is selectable (the field is grey). That is most likely because under Locale - System languages, I can only install Chinese "Translations", the check boxes for input methods, spell checkings and extra fonts are greyed out and say "component not available". That is most certainly the reason. I have never had this problem before in Kubuntu. Which packages need installing? I run the 64 bit version.

Re: Chinese language support for IBus not installable

*bump* - hello Kubuntuworld out there... I went back to Kubuntu because of Ubuntu's unity...knowing that Kubuntu support is far worse than for Ubuntu. But please can I get a response to an important problem. After all Kubuntu is my PRIMARY Operating System - for better or for worse!

Thanks

Comment

Re: Language support for IBus not installable

* bump * The annoying thing is that this is extremely easy in Ubuntu. You can add language support under System -> admin -> language support.

Comment

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!
        I cannot make Ibus pinyin work for the love of god!

I'm sad to see you haven't gotten any response here though

I guess you have googled the same amount as I have

Comment

It may be because Kubuntu 12.10 doesnt have a way to tell your system that youre using ibus. Enter this in a terminal and reboot:
          Code:
          im-switch -s ibus
          In the future, it would be much better to make your own thread rahter than posting in three of four threads that are a year old.

Comment

I intentionally used old threads in hopes that they would get an email with a heads-up that there are others with the same problem as them, perhaps they found a solution to it themselves....

Anyway, thank you for your reply, but that reply is something I have found through google multiple times, and it does not work. It will only start the Ibus ... But it does not tell Ibus to use Chinese Simplified Pinyin Input.

So, it does not help at all. Starting Ibus, and making sure the Ibus-daemon is running, is something I have managed.
            It's like described in OP:

In ibus-setup, no input method is selectable (the field is grey).

Comment

I also find it extremely weird that Simplified Chinese is not part of the languages shown under settings---locale

Comment

In System Settings > Locale is Chinese listed as one of the available languages? If not you need to add it.

Comment

No, it is not listed there. Only the Chinese Traditional is listed. (There is a difference between Chinese Traditional and Chinese Simplified )
                  I have installed language-pack-zh-hans (which is supposed to be the right one) through the terminal, but it does not appear there, so how do I add it?

Comment

Working...
                  X