This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mail notification warning

Hi, all. In 11.10, about 5-10 minutes after KDE loads, a message appears in the tray about some mail unable to connect somewhere (sorry, can't remember the exact wording). I don't even use Kmail. How to stop that from appearing? I don't want anything to connect anywhere or do anything that I haven't specifically configured to do so. I looked in system settings but could find nothing relevant. Which setting should be tweaked or which package should be purged to stop that message?

Re: Mail notification warning

Hi
    Was it something like "Unknown host..(URL specified)" ?

Kmail is set up as a default to a "local host" and does not "go out and look for things" until you tell it where to look.

It may be that something got mixed up in the original install with Konqueror or another e-mail thing.

A simple answer might be to open Kmail and check where it is "looking for mail". if some kind of address is there then change it to "local host" is I think the term.

But, keep checking the thread, someone more knowledgable will probably pop by shortly.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Follow this :

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3118754.0
      Kubuntu User # 26056<br />Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 AMD Athlon II X2 250 4Gb Ram 1x40Gb SSd Hdd +500gb Home&nbsp; Nvidia Gf8500Gt <br />AcerAspireOne A150

Comment

Thanks. I first did "dpkg --purge kmail" since I don't use it, hoping the message would go away. It didn't. Then I read your reply and it led to me apt-getting akonadiconsole, running it, and making sure the mail folder was set to /home/rihad/.kde/share/apps/kmail2 (which wasn't set). Still in akonadiconsole, I also turned off Mail dispatcher agent's popup messaging checkboxes. I'll see how it goes some time later, after I reboot.

Comment

There are indeed no longer any notifications after the above. Great!

Comment

Working...
          X