X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED]Strange symbols on fonts

Hello,
    I recently installed kubuntu on my computer after erasing ubuntu (I don't like unity at all...). And unfortunately it seems kubuntu bug on some font I don't know why. Here is a picture of what I'm talking about:[img width=400 height=130]http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/447/screenshotwgy.png[/img]
    Someone know how to fix this? Thank you

Re: Strange symbols on fonts

When you see the ✊ character in file names or other text data, it is (almost always) due to characters not supported by the installed Language and locales. See Locale
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I changed the locale preferences and now it seems to be fixed. Thank you very much

Comment

Glad that it worked for you. Also, welcome to KFN. Lots of good people here with varying degrees of experience and knowledge. We are here because we like Kubuntu. We want others to have a good experience with Kubuntu and are here to assist towards that end, as our skills, knowledge, and ability permit.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: [SOLVED]Strange symbols on fonts

Thank you very much. I'm a good Java developer and I started to learn C++ ~6 weeks ago. Now I need to develop my skills in this language. For this I think I'll start to develop for Kubuntu. I already started to get information on how to become a dev on kubuntu and ubuntu forums. I hope I will see you again.

Comment

Working...
          X