This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RESOLVED] Kontact import fails

After upgrading to Oneiric and -- with help -- gotten Kontact to start, I now cannot import ical or ldif data from before.

When I import the ldif data, it says it has imported 188 entries. But when I look at the contacts, there are none there.

Importing an ics file seems to accomplish nothing.

What to do?
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Re: Kontact import fails

I just tried to add a new contact manually. I entered a name and click ok and afterwards the name I have added is not there.

I have defined files for both address book and calendar in the akonadi console and they show up in kontact.

It is worse for the calendar. I pick the new calendar and click on "New event" and nothing at all happens. Same if I click on the calendar itself.
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

To the left of the resource name in, for example, your address book, there is a little grey box... Click it so there is a check in there and then try again.

Do the same with your Calendar...

Silly Kubuntu Devs (Or KDE Devs) forgot to default enable those resources when they get installed .

Hope this helps!

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxRocks
        To the left of the resource name in, for example, your address book, there is a little grey box... Click it so there is a check in there and then try again.

Do the same with your Calendar...

Silly Kubuntu Devs (Or KDE Devs) forgot to default enable those resources when they get installed .

Hope this helps!

Joe
        It definitely helps. Thanks a million. You have saved my typing in a whole lot of ... stuff. Thanks again.

Comment

Re: [RESOLVED] Kontact import fails

Great! Glad it worked for you .

Joe

Comment

Working...
          X