This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Align to Grid

Does anybody know how to enable desktop icons align to grid, this works great in Linux Mint 10 but I just can't find it in Kubuntu.

Re: Align to Grid

Assuming your are using Folder View for the Desktop, then this might help.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
      Assuming your are using Folder View for the Desktop, then this might help.
      Yeh, that sort of works. I find it baffling why KDE go to extraordinary lengths at times to bury such simple features which you would assume ought to be standard. It's puzzling why it only works in Folder View mode and even then you cannot select the icons from the menu by right clicking and selecting Add to Desktop. I found that you have to drag and drop them to the desktop and then click on Copy Here. I also cannot understand why the icons have an exclamation mark associated with them, what's that all about?

Comment

OK, I just tried clicking on some of the icons and it asks you if you trust the program so you have to click on Continue and then the exclamation mark goes away. The whole process seems incredibly convoluted and anal to me.

Comment

Hi tomp
          I agree, not necessarily about Kubu's stuff but this approach by almost all distros at one time or another.

Why mess up what should be a simple thing. Again, not just Kubu but almost all distros.

woodsmoke
          sigpic
          Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke
            Hi tomp
            I agree, not necessarily about Kubu's stuff but this approach by almost all distros at one time or another.

Why mess up what should be a simple thing. Again, not just Kubu but almost all distros.

woodsmoke
            I think that one of the problems with KDE is that it has far too many config options for its own good. Why would anyone want to put icons on the desktop and not want them to line up? It's the same with virtual desktops, you have to go to the pager icon to allow different widgets and wallpapers, that should be the default.

Comment

Working...
            X