X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mail Dispatch Agent

After that I have started my laptop, I get this notification:
    "Mail Dispatch Agent: couldn't access the outbox folder"
    What does this mean and what should I do? (it seems some kind of software failed to get installed when upgrading)

Re: Mail Dispatch Agent

Ditto for me. Makes no sense to me. What's up?

Comment

I also have same problem.
      "Can not fetch outbox folder"

I use thunderbird as mail client.
      Do you also have thunderbird??
      Kubuntu User # 26056<br />Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 AMD Athlon II X2 250 4Gb Ram 1x40Gb SSd Hdd +500gb Home&nbsp; Nvidia Gf8500Gt <br />AcerAspireOne A150

Comment

Fixing the akonadi/kmail2 local folders issue should quiet down mail dispatcher agent as well (even if you don't use kmail), see this thread:
        http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3118705.0

Comment

@attila_66:

As @kubicle says, it is a bug waiting to be fixed. I am exploring the link provided by him to see if this annoyance can go away.

Comment

I was getting the notification about mail dispatcher agent not being able to access outbox..... etc, etc...

I don't have a Kmail2 directory in .kde/share/apps

I don't use KMail (lack of spam filtering without having to have my users (wife and kids) fiddle with training this or that.... no thanks)

I started Kmail, told it to skip migration and just start fresh, then set up an account for my imap mail server and ran it once. I figured I'd just do this and not use it. And use Thunderbird instead.

Log out, log in. No more mail dispatcher agent notification, but now kdewallet wants the password so that email account in KMail can.... do what? I have periodic checking turned off!

So I started KMail and DELETED that email account I had just created. Now I don't get the mail dispatcher agent notification NOR do I get the prompt from kdewallet.

Life is good (for now... hehehe)

Comment

Outbox has messages but is not being emptied; MDA seems OK

I've been having huge problems with my mail (most of it now being inaccessible) after migrating from kmail and Natty. Until earlier today I was able to send messages, at least; now I can't. "Send queued messages" does nothing: the messages to be sent just sit there in the outbox and I get no error complaints. I've gone into the akonadi console and looked at the MDA. Its status is "Ready to dispatch messages". If I restart it, it says "No items in queue" for a moment and then returns to "Ready to dispatch messages". I've double-checked my account/sending confuguration, which is the one I've had all along, and can find nothing wrong with it.

Does anyone know how I can reactivate message transmission?

Comment

Working...
              X