X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support in a time of need

Hello,
    I am a long term Kubuntu user ( since 7 series it think ), anyway for work reasons i had to use Win7 recently for a while and i must say it looks better - i still prefer the range of applications with KDE, but sometimes i feel KDE just does not look as pretty as i once though - eg firefox integration - it looks crappy in Kubuntu compared to win7, i like the taskbar in Win7 the one in kubuntu is never quite exactly the way i want it, the animations while nice sometimes stutter, or look out of place.

Can anyone help me, maybe suggest a new theme? placement of taskbar, etc .. anything to make me love Kubuntu again - is 12.04 looking beter?
    Thanks:<br />Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!

Re: Support in a time of need

Originally posted by natman
    eg firefox integration - it looks crappy in Kubuntu compared to win7
    Give this a try:

http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/?content=117962

Oxygen KDE (Firefox Theme) 3.6.1
    sigpic
    "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
    -- Douglas Adams

Comment

wow nice ad on for FF thanks!
      Thanks:<br />Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!

Comment

Glad you like it.
        sigpic
        "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
        -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Thanks for the link, I like what I see.

But how do you install it?

I checked in the official add-on with Firefox, and it only has version 3.6 which is incompatible with my firefox 9.0.1

Thanks!

Edit - figured it out. Next to the "search for add ons" search box, there is a tool icon. Clicking that allowed to "install from file".

Comment

Originally posted by ScottyK
            Thanks for the link, I like what I see.

But how do you install it?

I checked in the official add-on with Firefox, and it only has version 3.6 which is incompatible with my firefox 9.0.1

Thanks!
            You can grab the latest version from here: http://oxygenkde.altervista.org/down...e-firefox.html

(Edit) Oddly enough, although the main entry for this addon at addons.mozilla.org shows version 3.6, the page that lists all the previous versions has v3.6.1. The latest release may not have been through Mozilla's review process yet, which might be why it isn't on the main page for the addon.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...-kde/versions/
            sigpic
            -- Douglas Adams

Comment

I checked this out too, it definitely freshens up the browser but it isn't supported in the newest release as mentioned. I found a firefox theme that I thought looks good and is supported in current version. It is called FT SleekDark.

Comment

Working...
              X