This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I'm a video game addict

It'd been more than a year since I've played video games. And lately, my desire to play spread to STO since it'll be free to play pretty soon.

So I checked WineHQ and found that it has gold status with stock install. So I ran out and bought the game for ~$15. Came home and installed it. Now i'm a happy player.

And since I'm such a devotee to Kubuntu, look at attached.

Oh, I named my Class 7 shuttlecraft USS Torvalds. Should've made it the Shuttleworth but I don't want to pay 10k latinum to change the name. When I get a l33t shuttle it'll be named so.
    Attached Files

Re: Since I'm a video game addict

Sweet - is it available via steam? Does it have a offline single player mode?

Comment

It's a MMORPG.

Comment

Yah I know, but some have single player modes - I'm guessing not this one.

Comment

Yeah there aren't any single player modes.

Which MMO's do you know that have single player modes?

Comment

yeah, hehe. I've got the Soverign Class U.S.S. Gnome for a while.

And I too got it working in Wine/Kubuntu.

For some odd reason, since I recently made the switch from Ubuntu to Kubuntu, wine in general seems to run better when I'm using Kubuntu.

Not sure why, but it's been less problamitic to setup STO w/Kubuntu.

I also recently got rid of my dual-boot setup w/Windows 7x64. Now it's 100% Kubuntu 11.10 amd64! No more windows! [well, I do have a VM for toying].

Yes, Star Trek Online will be free to play in the beginning or mid January. Don't remember the date, but it's on the site www.startrekonline.com.

I've been using playonlinux in gnome, but with my switch to Kubuntu I decided to try q4wine, which seems to be a great program.
            Terran Priest<br />terran.priest@gmail.com<br /><br />

Comment

kewl sig Terran Priest.

I realize that you will change it and that this post will soon be meaningless, but still kewl sig.

woodsmoke
              sigpic
              Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by blackpaw
                Sweet - is it available via steam? Does it have a offline single player mode?
                I didn't see the other question. No it's not on steam. Had to look up steam. You can download the client, create an account, and launch the game.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X