X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow 11.10 is POPULAR

I'm seeding a bunch of images. Check out the stats:

[img width=400 height=219]http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy270/calcmandan/Screenie_173100.png[/img]
    Attached Files

Re: Wow 11.10 is POPULAR

That's a great idea! My connection basically sits unused during the night. Might as well offer the bandwidth up to getting Kubuntu out there.

Comment

I'm glad you like the idea. I've been seeding all the versions since 5.05. But I've never seen so many gigs uploaded in less than a week's time. I'm happy to see (k)ubuntu doing so well.

Comment

Woops, meant to throw this into 11.10 not 10.10.

Comment

Moved.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

@clacmandan you are doing great thing man!

one thing is interesting to see. kubu 32bit desktop has been uploaded twice the MBs of 64bit (which is usual) but the in case of dvd things are different. seems like 64bit usage is increasing.

I never liked this particular thing about (k)ubuntu, other distro offer 586 version of their 32bit variant, hence it gives the stability of 32bit and speed of near 64bit. but (k)ubuntu has stuck with 386 32bit. Now that, 32bit support in 64bit (k)ubuntu is better i don't see _any_ point to go for 32bit OS..

good to see the 64bit is getting popular..
            asus A52N
            Dual boot: Kubuntu 11.10 64bit, Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
            AMD Athlon II 64 X2 | 4 GB DDR3 RAM | ATI Radeon HD 4200
            windoze free since 2009 12 16 (Vijay din= Victory day)

Comment

when I downloaded just KDE Kubuntu Desktop many of the servers were not available for various times, I usually use UGA and could not get on for a couple hours. It wasn't that they were not "up and running" I went back several times over several hours to test different ones, eventually i could have d/ld from all of them.

woodsmoke
              sigpic
              Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Default flash is still flaky as buggery in 64 bit.

Comment

Here's an update.
                  Attached Files

Comment

You being ironic, right?

Comment

Originally posted by barbolani
                      You being ironic, right?
                      Should I follow this up with an equally cryptic response?

Comment

I did not wanted to be cryptic, really. My point was that the comparison in terms of seeds and downloaders between Ubuntu and KUbuntu makes it clear that the term "popular" applied to KUbuntu does not seems to be accurate, but more an irony.

I recently downloaded and seeded for a couple of days a copy of Mint 11 and their numbers, while not quite on par with Ubuntu, were much larger than the ones from KUbuntu. And the Mint numbers were growing all the time, which signals to me a major opportunity lost for KUbuntu to make a dent in the OS market share -albeit at the cost of Ubuntu.

Don't get me wrong, of course I'd prefer to see any Ubuntu variant to gain market share from Windows or Macs, but if the main grandfather (Ubuntu) is losing share I'd prefer to lose it to KUbuntu. And by the way, Mint 11 is quite good on its own, running well on a 1GB Atom netbook.

Comment

Originally posted by vu2ikl
                          Now that, 32bit support in 64bit (k)ubuntu is better i don't see _any_ point to go for 32bit OS..
                          People with Atom CPUs and 1GB RAM netbooks?

Comment

Working...
                          X