X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux Action Show reviews Kubuntu 11.10

http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/1...ew-las-s19e01/

Opps! I forgot... the reviews start at 32 minutes and deals mostly with Kubuntu.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Re: Linux Action Show reviews Kubuntu 11.10

LAS annoyed me in the past, this show is less "action" and more discussion, might start follow this show now.

I agree with them that the default kicker need mocked up, not that it annoys me that much since I always use Lancelot, but the "utilities" and "system" mess doesn't look good for a new user.
    I'd like to add that the system settings also need a mock up. Display/Looks settings are all over the place.

/jonas
    ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
    Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
    Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
    Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
    - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

I've been following LAS for about a year now, and using Kubuntu since 9.04.
      11.10 so far has been the best version, but I have to agree with some of chris's gripes about lack of better Ubuntu One, and Software Centre integration, and the "forgotten" feel compared to Ubuntu.

Comment

Hi GG

Thanks very much for the link. I did not know about the program and since I "listen to stuff" while working I'll probably be listening to it a lot from now on.

a) the comment about the "back arrow" on the kicker menu not being there and having to click the small text at the top is a "complaint of mine also". An arrow is easier to hit and requires a left mouse sweep where going to the text requires moving the mouse "up" a considerable distance because the menu window is taller than wide.

b) I agree with just about everything these guys said and the "manner" in which they say it, putting little caveats and 'wiggles" in to show that "this is a thing but it is just a little thing".

c) This comment was, I thought, very on point: "KDE truly became the Desktop for Professionals".

d) also: KDE4 is more traditional but has a lot of stuff in it.

His comments on "Unity", especially the comment about the "app" disappearing, his comment on FF, is a MAJOR complaint of mine about Unity.

Again, GG thanks for the link.

woodsmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
        X