X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to vent this to feel better.

Safety Release Rant engaged:

Almost 5 years of 4.x development and people are scrambling to make KDE mobile yet the web browser it ships with is still ummm "useful".

I would seriously hope at the 5 year marker that kde/kubuntu could ship with a self sufficient release. I mean one would think the web browser would be Number ONE on the list every year. as a matter of fact halt all development and make one KDE release just for the browser. Then the poor guy stuck on it can join the Koffice team or help kubuntu figure out which package manager they want to try next.

ok I feel better... sorry about that... back to air/oxygenated integrated gtk firefox.

ps. It is amazing what the KDE/Kubuntu team have accomplished and I thank them greatly. I just had a brain fart that needed to be released.

Re: I need to vent this to feel better.

We do consider shipping different browsers, but space is still an issue - that's why we have the firefox installer, btw

As to browsers, KDE's default browser (if it has one?) would probably be Konqueror, which has its own different set of issues. Such as poor flash support as well as incompatibilities with various sites more so than Rekonq. I do wish we had the just released 0.8 version, though.

As to package managers, we are damned if we do, damned if we don't. At least this one is home-grown. It is amazing what one volunteer/student/working man can do in his spare time I think Muon is here to stay, and wouldn't be surprised if more Debian users catch on to it. it is much more than just the package manager gui, it also handles installing deb files and system updates.

Comment

Muon is awesome. It's nice to finally have a robust package manager built for KDE and has actually convinced me to remove Synaptic from my system.

Comment

Originally posted by wrender
        ok I feel better... sorry about that... back to air/oxygenated integrated gtk firefox.
        Have you seen the Oxygen KDE Firefox Theme at KDE-Look.org? I've been using it for a while, it looks great.

Comment

Working...
        X