This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't connect to network

I've had this same problem before when I tried another KDE based distro (I think it was the Linux Mint KDE version). What happens is I go and try connecting to my wireless network, so I click connect to hidden network, type the name, but when I hit Enter nothing happens. I don't know what the problem is or how to fix it.

I've tried searching around a bit on Google and I've found nothing so far.

What encryption method are you using on your wireless network? If it is WEP, that isn't well supported in the newer Kubuntu's, and, WEP isn't nearly as secure as WPA2 Personal (PSK) + AES (what I use on my router wireless configuration. If you are using WEP, can you change it to WPA2?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I'm using WPA, however, I never get to a point where it asks for the encryption type, it asks for the network name and tells me to press enter after typing it in; after I do that nothing happens.

Comment

Having your WAP 'hidden' doesn't really provide the increased security that you may think it does. Modern tools are able to identify the SSID quite easily. So, try enabling your Wireless SSID Broadcast setting in your router. You might have to reboot afterwards, and then try accessing your WAP, which will be shown. You'll still have to enter the WPA shared key (password). Here, on my 12.04, accessing my WAP (which is not hidden) works fine.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

When I click on the name nothing happens either.

Comment

Working...
          X