X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 11.10 Install CD Question

I was wondering if anyone knows an answer on this one:
    If i download the 11.10 desktop 64 bit CD from the Kubuntu site, would i be getting the very same iso that was posted when Kubuntu 11.10 was released, or would it be more updated then the one that was there on the release date?

The reason i am asking is that i downloaded the cd back then and it was rather buggy on the live session (though i know it works fine when actually installed) but a friend of mine wants to run it live for a few days to explore it, and i hesitate to have him do that if he is going to have the same buggy problems while running it...

Thanks

Re: Kubuntu 11.10 Install CD Question

Only the LTS version get new CD/DVD images.

http://releases.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/oneiric/:
    Name Last modified
    kubuntu-11.10-desktop-amd64.iso 12-Oct-2011 15:50
    Have you tried ?

- How to Ask a Question on the Internet and Get It Answered
    - How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Comment

Thanks...i thought so
      I think i may try a download of kubuntu 12.04 instead...my thought is that it would have all the updates of 11.10 and from what i have been reading in the posts of those using the 12.04 daily builds is that at least at this point int time, they are pretty stable...perhaps it would work better in live session for him to take a look at it...and then if he likes it, i will give him the dvd of 11.10 to actually install...

Anybody here using one of those 12.04 daily builds? how is it running right now (just curious)...

Comment

Originally posted by craig10x
        Anybody here using one of those 12.04 daily builds? how is it running right now (just curious)...
        Hummm I am curious as well............give me an hour or so and I'll make a USB and let ya know

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

it's runing ok hear ...........(a live-USB)...............had a querk with muon and instaling the kubuntu-resticted-extras it seamed to hang at flash-instaler and had to kill it.
          then some dpkg --configure -a and no joy ( with flash) instaled firefox and it worked it's self out.

lets see.......yup Amarok just played a .mp3 of the HD on the box ............top is showing good stats .......Humm I think it going to get instaled on the spare partition

VINNY

i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thanks Vinny for the report
            Yeah...you know something, i had the same thing on the live sessions of both 11.10 and 12.04 in so far as installing kubuntu restricted extras using the muon package manager! It froze when installing the flash player....

You didn't have that problem when you actually installed 11.10 did you?
            Also, when you get 12.04 installed on the spare partition...let me know if the restricted extras installed ok on there....

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by craig10x
              It can be something of a gamble whether you'll end up with a build free of dependency problems in the packages. A few days ago I installed a 12.04 mini.iso then tried to apt-get kde-plasma-desktop; it wouldn't install because akonadi-server's various dependencies couldn't resolve (mysql version conflicts). The next day after an apt-get update it installed fine.

Comment

Working...
              X