This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 11.10 installation fail

I have an hp g62 laptop with an amd-64 AthlonII processon and a 360 gb harddrive.

I tried to install kubuntu 11.10 with wubi and it got to the splash screen (Kubuntu with the 4 white dots under it) it was at the screen for hours and nothing changed. i forced shutdown and tried again and nothing changed. i hit the delete button and saw output and that it was stuck on "...spool.." (thats the word i remember from the line). Ive tried the wubi twice and that happened. why is that?

thanks in advance.

Re: Kubuntu 11.10 installation fail

ok i tried it again and it was CUPS. if that helps at all

Comment

could be a lot of things............................................ ....but sounds like a bad cd .....burn at a slower speed and check the md5 sum of the DL

I have a HP-G62 but it's a intel corei3 and widows dident stay on it 30 minutes before I wiped the HD and set it up for me .....he he

I have never done a wubi install but as far as know it should go as usual so thats why I'm starting with the first thing I would suspect .

cups is just the Common Unix Printing System and shouldn't hang an install .

VINNY

i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Same thing here, I experienced it too.

But I don't think its a bad cd coz I didn't burn it, I just used an ISO mounter to install it.

Hope somebody will help us about this Wubi install.

I already tried it with Ubuntu 11.10 64bit on my laptop and got no problem.

Comment

I have never heard of anyone actually getting to install (k)ubuntu with wubi. It's _way_ more reliable to just use pendrivelinux.com's installer and user a usb flash drive. Most computers can boot from usb since last 5 years or so.

Comment

Well i tried with UNetBootin also but that has errors on x64 systems.

Comment

Working...
            X