This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE taskbar is slow to delete apps which I've quit

Kubuntu 11.10 installed on 2 machines - an AMD dual core desktop, and a dual pentium Dell laptop. Both are updated every few days, both are current as of last night. Basic install, no major tricks unless getting Broadcom based wifi up and talking on BOTH systems is a cause.

My issue is that everytime I quit applications (file-quit, or click the x box), the icon/button thing in the taskbar takes tens of seconds to disappear. Not measured with a stopwatch, but whatever the actual time span is, the application has definitely quit - I have opened a Konsole and launched top, the application is not running when the taskbar shows the application as still running.

This showed up when I returned to Kubuntu, 11.10, fresh installs, after running PCLinuxOS for a few months. I think the distro before PCLOS was Kubuntu 10.04, but in any event, Kubuntu 11.10 is where I first experienced the zombie taskbar entry. The icons eventually go away, but until then, it is quite annoying when I think I've quit all instances of a program but the icons still show the applications - you know, 'did I miss one instance?'.

Tried poking around local docs, no info. Tried looking into system settings, nothing seemed to match.

Is the taskbar response time user adjustable? Not in task manager setting.

I'm confused why the time span changed from about 1/2 second to something that confuses, but how do I set it to a normal span?

TIA

This was a qt bug and was fixed upstream.

http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...-Taskbar-Fixed!
    Loka samastha sukhino bhavanthu

Comment

TYVM, I did not search for string "ghost"... "Zombie", yes. I guess I do NOT know my memes.

Comment

Working...
      X