This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11.10 with KDE 4.8

I have been testing 11.10 with kde 4.8 on an old drive and it has been working fine so I went ahead and installed 11.10 on one of my newer drives to be my main system, the install went fine, did my updates, added the repositories for 4.8 and installed it with no issues just like on that older drive, when I log in everything looks right get the startup sound but everything is extremly slow if it works at all, I can bring up system activity and nothing is using any more than 5% cpu, some how I feel as though it's plasma, but can't tell for sure, any suggestions to what is hanging would be appreciated.
    Filmore

Go into System Settings > Desktop Effects > All Effects > Appearance and uncheck Blur (if it is checked).
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      Go into System Settings > Desktop Effects > All Effects > Appearance and uncheck Blur (if it is checked).
      4.8 should have fixed the blur issue...

Though you can try disabling desktop effects to see if they are the issue.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I have tried another install, same deal nothing works, if I Ctrl+Alt+Del I get the menu but clicking does nothing, Ctrl+Esc gets me the system activity but still no clicking, and if I click the cashew I get the menu but clicking does nothing, I may just end up cloning this installation over to the newer drive.

Comment

Looks like it was the Nvidia drivers weren't activated, that's so wierd never had that happen before

Comment

Working...
          X