X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Mail Dispatcher Agent problem

hi
    i recently upgraded to Kubuntu 11.10 and now get the following notification on bootup

Mail Dispatcher Agent: Could not access the outbox folder (Unknown error. (Failed to fetch the resource collection.)).

I do not want to use the mail system at all. Is there any way i can disable it so that this message does not appear?

Re: Mail Dispatcher Agent problem

Edit the file ~/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc and change this line

StartServer=true

to

StartServer=false

I presume you're using some other email client like Thunderbird? You can also disable the Akonadi tray icon with this command sequence (source):

mkdir -p ~/.config/autostart && cp /usr/share/autostart/akonaditray.desktop ~/.config/autostart && echo "Hidden=true" >> ~/.config/autostart/akonaditray.desktop

Comment

I am not using ANY email client. What exactly do your instructions do. Do they disable Akonadi altogether (I would dearly love to get rid of it) or does it just hide the icon?

Comment

Originally posted by paradox
        What exactly do your instructions do. Do they disable Akonadi altogether (I would dearly love to get rid of it) or does it just hide the icon?
        Please read the Akonadi page in the KDE UserBase Wiki for more information.

Comment

Thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
            Edit the file ~/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc and change this line...
            This resolved this issue for me as well.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X