This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Download frm Torrent with Kubuntu

OK...I have used an number of OS's and I have never experienced the issues I am having with Kubuntu when it comes to down loading music an videos! Normally I install an OS and everything works (maybe slower with new releases) . I can't get Kubuntu to down load with K torrent for anything. I was totally happy until this issue came up. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Download frm Torrent with Kubuntu

is there any info available in ktorrent anywhere on what is wrong? Say in the trackers section or anything?

I have zero problems in general with torrents in general out of the box (mostly television shows and linux iso's), but I think some private or specialty sites block some clients that they are not familiar with, as well as older versions of known clients.

ktorrent iirc still have their own forum that might be able to assist on the more technical side of things if we can't pinpoint it here. The ktorrent configuration in Kubuntu is the standard set that Ktorrent themselves provide.

Comment

Does this include the inability to download a Kubuntu iso?

http://torrent.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/si...64.iso.torrent

Comment

just tested that one myself, works just fine here. will prob need a bit more info on the issue to help.

Comment

you are prob. not getting the ports that Ktorrent uses forded through your router.

go to Ktorrents settings and enabell the upnp plugin and it may do it for you .....and I would change the default ports to something different as most ISP's will throttle that port now .

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
          X