X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues when changing Application icons

Hi!

I installed Oneiric yesterday and so far I am having a ball, albeit with some seldom stability issues that are probably normal so early after release day, but I found one strange behavior that I find particularly annoying.

I usually like to change icons for the applications I love and use most. To do so, I right click on the main menu icon and edit applications. Then I follow the usual steps, selecting an application, clicking on its icon, changing it and then saving the changes to finish.

Well, this has very solidly worked for me in the last few releases of KDE and also among many different distros, including past releases of Kubuntu. However, when I try to do it this time, not only does it not work (the application icon remains the same), but the application disappears from the edit application tool. As such, if I tried to change the icon for Dolphin, for instance, I cannot find it next time I get into Edit applications.

I have found a workaround to get those missing applications back, using the "restore system menu" feature, but of course that does not really help much, as changing icons still does not work.

I am not sure if this is specific to my installation or if anyone else is experiencing, but I know the behavior is consistent (it will happen again after restoring to system menu).

Can anyone check if they get the same? If someone knows a workaround/fix, it would be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Re: Issues when changing Application icons

There seems to be a problem with the menu editor. In my case, I can add items using the menu editor, but those items never show up on the menu. They do show up in the editor, but not on the menu. Others have verified the problem.

So the problem you are having may be related. I know of no fix as of yet.
    We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...
    X