This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot connect with VPNC

In order to have access to certain sites at home, to which my university has a subscription, I need to set-up a VPN connection. I tried to do this with the network manager in Kubuntu 11.10 which is installed by default and to be found on the bottom right, left of the clock. So I went like:

- Wlan/Lan icon
    - manage connections
    - VPN tab
    - add --> VPNC
    - check box for "Connect autmatically"
    - check box "System connection"
    - Fill in entries for: Gateway, Group name, User password, Group password, Username
    - Encryption Method: Secure
    - NAT Tranversal: NAT-T
    - uncheck box for "Enable Dead Peer Detection"

I do not know what to do with "IKE DH Group", because my university's VPN guide for linux does not mention anything about it. I also did not touch the IPv4 Address and IPv6 Address tabs for the same reason.

- OK
    - Apply
    - OK

And then absolutely nothing happens. So then I open the network manager again by pressing on the Wlan/Lan icon. Then I press on the VPN entry to make it connect, but nothing happens. I do not get any kind of message, not even an error message or a failure message, just plainly nothing. I have already tried rebooting, but this does not help. Does anyone know how to proceed?

ps: Maybe it is useful to know that I need IPSec, but that said I myself do not really know what that is.
Working...
X