This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HalationEffect View Post
    If you do decide to go with the "replacing hardware solution", surely it would be significantly cheaper to replace the HomeHub with a standard wireless router...

I used to work for BT Internet, and unless things have changed greatly (which I doubt), their support for customers using OS X is rather limited.
    You beat me to it

In fact if you have an old wireless router kicking around, plug it into your Ethernet connection and connect to that you are good to go.

Then when BT see sense and uncripple that hub (it seems pretty clear they have crippled it for Linux users whether by accident or not) then you can revert to your present setup, or stick it to BT and go elsewhere when your contract comes up for renewal.

Comment

Actually, having re-read your thread, did you get lost somewhere with the instructions?

Come back either tonight or tomorrow and if you let me know what bit wasn't clear maybe we can work through it.

Comment

Actually here is what I make of the instructions the guy gave.

Make sense?
        Attached Files

Comment

Sorted now just need to click the connect automatically tick box DOH!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome support on this formum thank you all very much and now i dont have to buy a mac :-)

Comment

Great stuff, Was it the fixed IP address that did it? If so, my kudos to the persistent person on the BT forum - I would never have thought of that.

Glad you got it sorted. Any future probs, you'll get help here.

Comment

Until about a year ago such a problem could often be fixed by replacing the network manager with WICD, since then the network manager works OK on my systems.
              Providing you still have access to a wired connection it's easy to do, make sure you remove all existing instances of network-manager or they'll seriously conflict.

Comment

changed wording

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
                Until about a year ago such a problem could often be fixed by replacing the network manager with WICD, since then the network manager works OK on my systems. Providing you still have access to a wired connection it's easy to do, make sure you remove all existing instances of network-manager or they'll seriously conflict.
                Hi...

Are the "network-manager" packages the same for Ubuntu 10.04 and if so, what are all the instances?

Thanks!
                Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ loves and cares about you most of all! http://peacewithgod.jesus.net/
                How do I know this personally? Please read here: https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...hn-8-12-36442/
                PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST! You don't have to end up here: https://soulchoiceministries.org/pod...i-see-in-hell/

Comment

Working...
                X