X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

>5 Kb/s download speed

(Note: I'm relatively new to Linux)

I just installed 11.10 on a my 4,1 MBP (with a fresh install of Snow Leopard). During the installation, when Kubuntu was downloading updates, the estimated time was ~200 minutes. After disconnecting and reconnecting the ethernet cable a couple of times, the estimnated time was more reasonable. Now that I've finally gotten Kubutnu installed, I can't download anything. I'm currently trying to download Chrome (from its site) and Firefox (using its installer) and both are maxing out around 5 Kb/s. For the first two seconds or so, the speeds seem normal, but they quickly drop down to 5 Kb/s.

I've tried connecting my computer directly into my wall (currently living in a dorm) and there was no difference in speed. Downloading works just fine when I'm using OSX.

Any suggestions?

The most likely cause of the slow speed is the location and/or performance of the server where your *buntu repositories are located. Possibly (depending on where you are) you can change to an alternative repo with faster performance.

Comment

Working...
    X