This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lost wifi

help, my connection with wifi not conected automaticly (i already check to the automatic in wifi manager),
    and after one hour i will lost my connection, and if i use vuze it will be lost commpletly please help

Re: lost wifi

Please tell us what type of WIFI adepter you have and whether the proprietary drivers have been installed.
    First check in the Additional Drivers utility (or the command 'jockey-kde')
    When no info is found then check the output of:
    Code:
    lspci

Comment

i have linksys usb wusb54gc

Comment

So did you see what Additional Drivers thinks about it?

The problem with this specific adepter is that it has been made with various different chip sets.
        The Ralink version is probably best supported.

Comment

I am also having problems with wireless:

1 although the ticks of 'automatic connection' and 'system connection' are marked, the wireless does not connect as the system is turned on and has to be activated manually.

2 the connection is now slow and sometimes ceases to work (it was fine in natty)

3 the problem is present in my two computers, one is dell latitude with centrino N6300 and the other dell inspiron duo with atheros AR9285
          mfg@tuklah:~$ lspci
          00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor DRAM Controller (rev 02)
          00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)
          00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82577LM Gigabit Network Connection (rev 05)
          00:1a.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset USB2 Enhanced Host Controller (rev 05)
          00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset High Definition Audio (rev 05)
          00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev 05)
          00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset PCI Express Root Port 2 (rev 05)
          00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset PCI Express Root Port 3 (rev 05)
          00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset PCI Express Root Port 4 (rev 05)
          00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset USB2 Enhanced Host Controller (rev 05)
          00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev a5)
          00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 5 Series Chipset LPC Interface Controller (rev 05)
          00:1f.2 RAID bus controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 82801 SATA RAID Controller (rev 05)
          00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset SMBus Controller (rev 05)
          00:1f.6 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset Thermal Subsystem (rev 05)
          02:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 (rev 35)
          03:00.0 SD Host controller: Ricoh Co Ltd MMC/SD Host Controller (rev 03)
          03:00.4 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Ricoh Co Ltd FireWire Host Controller (rev 03)
          3f:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor QuickPath Architecture Generic Non-core Registers (rev 02)
          3f:00.1 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor QuickPath Architecture System Address Decoder (rev 02)
          3f:02.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor QPI Link 0 (rev 02)
          3f:02.1 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor QPI Physical 0 (rev 02)
          3f:02.2 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor Reserved (rev 02)
          3f:02.3 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor Reserved (rev 02)

Comment

I forgot to mention that additional drivers does no propose any proprietary drivers.

Comment

no i don't have additional driver on my wifi now the problem getting worse, when connection lost i must turn off and turn on again my computer to make it my wifi function because everything is freeze

Comment

Lost wifi on Asus K60IJ, Atheros 9285 controller

I too have lost my wifi connection after the Oneiric upgrade. Here's what lspci has to say:
                Code:
                Network controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) (rev 01)
                I am temporarily working via a wired connnection, which is how I've managed to post this message.

I've reactivated my old repositories to the extent I could, and by that means was able to install wicd, but that didn't help. Network-manager is also installed, I think -- but when I tried to edit my wireless connection via System Settings, I got the message "No agents were available for this request".

Comment

I found a few posting with a solution that worked for some, maybe you could try it.

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3116538.0

Comment

Success!

That seems to have worked, though not immediately.

Comment

I'm experiencing a similar scenario.

Wifi is Realtek 8192se. Driver stack was built into kernel for 2.6.38. And this is all on a Toshiba Satellite A-505 S6020.

My upgrade from 11.4 to 11.10 was quite the process! I received an online message that an upgrade was ready and waiting for me. I went ahead and ran with it - WRONG decision. After completed, with a couple little meaningless meaning to me error messages, I was unable to login after a reboot.

So I went with a clean install of 11.10.

I've been connected over wifi a few times, but when it happens successfully, it will take an extremely long time to connect.

It will (always) do a long duration of 'Configuring Interface' followed by 'Waiting for authorization', and now it looks like the 'authorization' days are over, it's not connecting, I'll go dig out a long RJ-45.

And this is kernel 3.0.0-12-generic-pae, in 11.10. Never had a problem like this with 11.4.

So, assuming my above descriptions are correct, my problem is either driver stack in kernel, or something amiss with the network connection piece of software.

I'm somewhat of a crossover from the openSuse world, which is on desktop where I'm at now. With this wifi problem, Kubuntu 11l.10 isn't giving me a great showing, but I'll bit my tongue for now.

Comment

@bigpat, my wireless seems to be running now as well as it did before the Oneiric upgrade, though the fix (the insertion of the black-magic line options ath9k nohwcrypt=1 in /etc/modprobe.d/ath9k.conf was something I never would have dreamed up. I suspect the reason I'm getting better results than you has to do with the hardware differences.

But the upgrade from Natty to Oneiric was -- let's say--difficult, starting with an error and abort during the upgrade process itself. I'm still wrestling with some kmail problems.

Comment

Re: lost wifi - solution

added archive
                          /etc/modeprobe.d/intel-6300.config

with line
                          options iwlagn 11n_disable=1

------------------------
                          see alsoadded archive
                          https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/on...er/+bug/836250

Comment

Re: lost wifi - solution

Originally posted by mfg
                            added archive
                            /etc/modeprobe.d/intel-6300.config
                            modeprobe has to be a typo for modprobe.

Comment

i had done all you said but my wifi still lost after one hour

Comment

Working...
                              X