This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile broadband dongle issue

Good morning, I connect to the net using a mobile broadband device on the T-Mobile network here in the UK. Since installing 11.10 I have had issues with the device in that the operating system fails to recognise the mobile broadband device and have to (in some cases) reboot the machine several times before it is recognised and it allows me to connect.

Anyone else had these problems and how did you resolve it?

I am so annoyed about this issue that I am seriously thinking about installing another distro.

I'll be testing this out myself next week (Kubuntu, in the UK, with T-Mobile) It had better work

What brand of dongle are you using? I have had no problems getting a Huawei E220 to work on Kubuntu (though that is an older model), and no problems with tethering on my HTC Desire phone.
    I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Well it will work for you but you might have to reboot once or twice to get 11.10 to recognise it.

Without pulling the dongle out of my computer I cannot tell you at the moment what brand it is but of the top of my head I know it is a Huawei device.

Correction: I have just found out the make and model of my dongle, it is HSDPA USB modem model: MF626 from ZTE.
      Last edited by Guest; Mar 24, 2012, 02:34 AM. Reason: add correct information

Comment

lsusb should provide that info for secretcode .
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Last night I was going to spend this weekend replacing 11.10 because of the bug. Well the correct thibg to do is report it as a bug and let the developers create a fix so that is what I am going to do this morning. Now where is my launchpad ID?

Comment

Working...
          X