X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nvidia 290.10 driver issues

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone else is seeing issues with the 290.10 nvidia driver from X-Swats ppa.

When I use that driver, sometimes firefox and other gtk apps open and the main windows are all black. For example, i can open firefox and the address text bar is white and other text boxes on a web page are white, but the rest of the window is black.

Also, some opengl games have weird artifacting in them when using this driver.

When I ppa-purge the x-swat ppa back to the normal current driver, I do not have these issues.

Any ideas?

I have an NVidia 260m in an Asus G71 laptop

Thanks!
    Joe

Re: Nvidia 290.10 driver issues

I've been seeing that, but didn't realize it was due to the driver update. I use KDE as my main desktop, and log out and login to a fluxbox desktop for games. It's only when I log back into kde that I see that problem, firefox mostly black etc... I thought it was just the themes getting messed up somehow.

I get rid of it by logging out, then doing Crtl+Alt+F1 and giving the command sudo service kdm restart

The only game I play much is Flightgear, and haven't noticed any issues with that, no artifacts or anything.

Comment

Re: Nvidia 290.10 driver issues

Originally posted by sealbhach
      I've been seeing that, but didn't realize it was due to the driver update. I use KDE as my main desktop, and log out and login to a fluxbox desktop for games. It's only when I log back into kde that I see that problem, firefox mostly black etc... I thought it was just the themes getting messed up somehow.

I get rid of it by logging out, then doing Crtl+Alt+F1 and giving the command sudo service kdm restart

The only game I play much is Flightgear, and haven't noticed any issues with that, no artifacts or anything.

Thanks for the info on how to fix it. Usually, I just restart X, but lately that hasn't worked and results in Kwin errors after a logout/login.

Funny thing is, this doesn't happen in Gnome 3, just KDE.

The current driver seems to work well, though.

Thanks!
      Joe

Comment

Working...
      X