X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webcam not working

Hi
    I have a webcam (it was a Xmas gift from my children! ) :Creative Live! Cam Video IM Pro that will not work in Kubuntu or any Linux distro I have e used . I did google and searched the Internet, but no solution was found.

Here is lsusb:

Code:
    Bus 002 Device 002: ID 041e:4055 Creative Technology, Ltd Live! Cam Video IM Pro
    I think there is no driver that fits!
    Anyone here that can help?
    sigpic
    Pider
    Kubuntu 16.10
    Multicom Talisa

Re: Webcam not working

I can't help directly as I don't have that CAM (I have a buggy and old Logitech QuickCAM Chat), but check these two posts:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1727965&page=2

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1629175

Comment

I have downloaded the m560x driver, but I do not know how to compile it!
      sigpic
      Pider
      Kubuntu 16.10
      Multicom Talisa

Comment

http://www.symantec.com/connect/arti...tomation-image

Comment

http://www.logicsupply.com/blog/2008...er-for-ubuntu/

This is actually a better description. Alter it to suit the driver you downloaded.

Comment

Just in case, start from the preparing the system to build Kernel modules.

Comment

Hi
              I try to compile the driver, but it will not compile.
              There are also several directories and I do not know which one to use or compile.
              Here are the directories:
              Code:
              per@per-loftstova:~/m560x-driver/m560x$ ls
              branches Documentation firmware tags testprograms trunk
              Here is the result when I tried to compile the files in the "trunk" dir:
              Code:
              per@per-loftstova:~/m560x-driver/m560x/trunk/km_m560x$ make
              make -C /lib/modules/3.0.0-12-generic/build SUBDIRS=/home/per/m560x-driver/m560x/trunk/km_m560x modules
              make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-3.0.0-12-generic'
               CC [M] /home/per/m560x-driver/m560x/trunk/km_m560x/m560x_core.o
              /home/per/m560x-driver/m560x/trunk/km_m560x/m560x_core.c:22:28: fatal error: linux/autoconf.h: Ingen slik fil eller filkatalog
              compilation terminated.
              make[2]: *** [/home/per/m560x-driver/m560x/trunk/km_m560x/m560x_core.o] Error 1
              make[1]: *** [_module_/home/per/m560x-driver/m560x/trunk/km_m560x] Error 2
              make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-3.0.0-12-generic'
              make: *** [all] Error 2
              "Ingen slik fil eller filkatalog" this translated to english: No such file or dir

The file "n560x_core.c" does exist:
              Code:
              per@per-loftstova:~/m560x-driver/m560x/trunk/km_m560x$ ls
              capture.c fw    m5602_mt9v111.c m5602_ov9650.c  m5603_ov7640.c m560x.h     Makefile
              COPYING  INSTALL m5602_ov7640.c  m5603_mt9v011.c m560x_core.c  m560x_sensor.h README
              sigpic
              Pider
              Kubuntu 16.10
              Multicom Talisa

Comment

Hmmm.... I'm looking into it. Hopefully I can figure it out in the next few minutes.

Comment

Okay, I'm looking at the readme file, and it's "a sub driver for the gspcav2 project. It cannot work with out gspvav2."

So, I ran an experiment - I fetched the v4l-dvb tarball and added the driver in as documented in the read me, but v4l-dvb won't compile for me due to it being depreciated. I'm out of time right now, but maybe someone can figure out how to get v4l-dvb to compile with the driver added in. I believe once v4l-dvb can be compiled it will work.

Comment

Working...
                  X