This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

macboo pro 5.5 touchpad not working

Since upgrading to 11.10 from 10.04 my touchpad has stopped working as a touchpad (but works as a mouse).

This is pretty annoying as the mouse buttons don't work so I cannot middle or right click or drag etc etc anymore

Any suggestions?

Re: macboo pro 5.5 touchpad not working

Install the package synaptiks and see if you are able to then, configure it's behavior.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I've tried synaptiks (it was installed by default) but it simply says that it cannot find a touchpad...

There are instructions on mactel which indicate a driver bwcl5794 (something like that I can't quite remember) but there are no packages for 11.10, I'm game for building something but not sure where I might find what I will need...

In the meantime 11.10 suspends and resumes <much> faster than 10.04 which took on ~30 seconds to resume when the lid was opened and then took 3-4 minutes to reconnect to the wireless. [I can get it to resume without password if the power is disconnected but if the power is connected and I open the lid it inisits on a password - anyone know how to change this?]

Comment

Bump

I'm stuck any suggestions anyone?

Comment

apt-get install synaptics then reboot did the trick -

Comment

Working...
          X